Cycling the Hills of Chiangdao . Interesting scenery and varied trails are the highlights of this great mountain-biking trek. Scenic mountain area on the foothills of one of the country’s highest peaks, the Doi Chiangdao.
08h00-08h30 Meeting at your Chiang Mai hotel with your guide. We set off on the highway 107 direction North, to reach the Chiangdao valley. The distance is 85 km and transfer time is approximately 1 1/2 hour.
09h45-10h00 Arrive at the Padeng Lodge, our activity base for the day.
Upon arrival tea or coffee is served while we fit the bikes and adjust the saddles with the help of our staff. We set off on the bikes for a first ride on mostly paved road leading to a Karen village where we make a break. Then we ride an off road section, reaching another village, and back to the camp. (Approx. 12 km loop).
12h00 – 13h00 Thai set lunch at Padeng Lodge
Afternoon, we cycle another off road section, followed by paved country roads. This ride will bring us to the Chiangdao caves, via little used rural roads and through scenic countryside. Distance can vary from 25 km to 30km – depending on the route we chose. During the dry season we propose a single trail through the forest, followed by easy cycling on mostly flat and paved roads. Support vehicle is following on most of the route except on single trails.
16h00 We end our ride at the Chiangdao caves and Buddhist sanctuary, which we can explore when time permits.
16h30 Departure by vehicle for our return to Chiang Mai. Arrival in the city around 17h30, and drop off at your hotel.
– End of the tour –
For people taking the two days trip are transferred by vehicle back to the Padeng Lodge, from the Chiangdao caves.
Look at our program two days Chiangdao X-country Biking.
The Price : Contact Us
- Tour program and excursion as per itinerary.
- Transportation by private vehicle from Chiangmai to Chiangdao and return (covered pick-up truck “songtaew).
- Partial vehicle support when cycling (no support in rough trails or wet trails, if any)
- Experienced English speaking cycling tour guide
- Use of sturdy mountain-bike late model TREK 4300, with 24 gears.
- Meal: 1 Thai lunch, drinking water, tea and coffee at Padeng Lodge.
- Caves entrance fees.
- Beverages, tips or gratuities, and optional tours/visits
- Personal expenses, meals other than those mentioned
This tour is open to everyone as there is no particularly hard riding. Persons with cycling experience and reasonable physical conditions will enjoy the trip!
Trip suitable for families with younger children when able to cycle.